Related Summer Schools
There are currently three other security-related summer schools scheduled for 2008
- The IPICS Summer School 2008 (http://www-ifs.uni-regensburg.de/ipics/). The event will take place between the 20th of July and 2nd of August at the University of Regensburg, in Germany. There are no details about the program, or invited speakers, but the focus will be broad ("Information and Communication Security") as well as the target audience (Masters, and Doctorate students, as well as IT professionals).
- The International School on Foundations of Security Analysis and Design (FOSAD) (http://www.sti.uniurb.it/events/fosad/). The event will take place between the 24th and 31st of August at the University Residential Center of Bertinoro. The main aim of the FOSAD school is to offer a good spectrum of current research in foundations of security - ranging from programming languages to analysis of protocols, from cryptographic algorithms to access control policies and trust management - that can be of help to graduate students and young researchers, from academia or industry, that intend to approach the field.
- The Summer School on Internet Security and Privacy
The event will take place between the 1st and 7th of September
at the Masaryk University in Brno. This is the follow-up of the IFIP/FIDIS
"The Future of Identity in the Information Society Summer School
The school target audience is starting Doctorate and finishing Masters
students. The school program will consist of a series of broad interdisciplinary
lectures in the mornings and workshops or seminars in the afternoon.
The weekend will be dedicated to hand-on lab work, and a Capture-the-Flag
competition. Additionally the summer school will cover some student
Along with the previously mentioned summer schools there are two important security and systems conferences scheduled for the summer of 2008.
- The 2008 USENIX Annual Technical Conference is scheduled for June 22nd to June 28th in Boston, Massachusetts. The USENIX Annual Technical Conference has always been the place to present groundbreaking research and cutting-edge practices in a wide variety of technologies and environments.
- DIMVA, Paris, France; July 10th to July 11th.
- 8th Privacy Enhancing Technologies Symposium, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Leuven, Belgium, July 23rd to July 25th, 2008 (http://petsymposium.org/2008/)
- The 17thUSENIX Security Symposium is scheduled for July 28th to August 1st in San Jose, California. The USENIX Security Symposium brings together researchers, practitioners, system administrators, system programmers, and others interested in the latest advances in the security of computer systems and networks.
- IFIP SEC2008, Milan, Italy; September 8th to September 10th.
- RAID, Cambridge, MA, September 15th to September 17th.
- New Security Paradigms Workshop, Olympic Valley, CA, September 22nd to September 25th.
- ESORICS, Malaga, Spain, October 6th to October 8th.
- ISSE 2008, (Information Security Solutions Europe) is Europe's
only independent, interdisciplinary security conference and exhibition.
07-09 October 2008 (http://www.isse.eu.com/).
- ACM CCS, Alexandria, VA, October 27th to October 31st.